BAWSCA Smart Sprinkler Controller Program
For a limited time only, qualified customers of participating water agencies in the Bay Area can receive a Rachio 3 Smart Sprinkler Controller (up to a $270 retail value) for only $100 + tax!
What is the BAWSCA program?
In partnership with the Bay Area Water Supply and Conservation Agency (BAWSCA) and local water utilities, this program encourages homeowners to maximize watering efficiency through the distribution of Rachio Smart Sprinkler Controllers throughout the Bay Area.
What can you do with a Rachio Smart Sprinkler Controller?
Rachio is a water, time, and money saving sprinkler controller that gives you access to sprinkler system settings and water usage information at your fingertips. Check on and run your sprinklers from anywhere in the world on your smartphone (or with our web app). Rachio is so intelligent that it skips waterings when you have plenty of moisture in your soil. It automates the amount of water your vegetation needs to stay healthy and green, and it integrates with many other smart home products! With leading smart watering control and Weather Intelligence™, the Rachio controllers help you monitor and manage your outdoor water use.
What are the program eligibility requirements?
All single family homeowners within the participating water utilities’ service areas are eligible for this program. Here are a list of eligible water utilities:
- City of Burlingame
- City of Millbrae
- City Redwood City
- Town of Hillsborough
All program participants must agree to the Program’s Terms and Conditions, which include:
- I am the single family homeowner of record of the property.
- I agree to install my new Smart Controller within 2 months of the date I receive it.
- My property’s irrigation system is connected to my water provider’s potable water supply.
- I agree to use, operate and maintain the Rachio Smart Controller to irrigate the outdoor landscaping on my property for at least three years after it is installed.
- I understand that installation and use of the Smart Controller on my property does not guarantee reductions in my water use.
- The Smart Controller’s weather-based feature uses local weather data to adjust water applied to the property. If this feature is utilized, I understand it may increase my water use/monthly bill as weather changes.
- The property has an existing, functioning in-ground irrigation system, containing no more than 16 zones, which is currently operated by a functioning non-weather based controller.
- The property has reliable Wi-Fi service capable of providing a stable signal to the Smart Controller when installed. Wi-Fi service and your Smart Controller shall remain activated at all times.
For a full list of all terms and conditions, click here.
Rachio 3 Smart Sprinkler Controller
The Rachio 3 Smart Sprinkler Controller raises the smart watering bar with foolproof installation, dual-band Wi-Fi and an expressive light bar. Rachio 3 is the only controller equipped with hyperlocal Weather Intelligence™ Plus and Apple HomeKit compatibility.
What do I need to have in order to receive a Rachio 3?
You'll need an underground, automatic irrigation system, a smart phone, and strong Wi-Fi. We recommend at least 2 bars of Wi-Fi in the space where your controller will be installed.
How do I find out how many zones I have?
The easiest way to tell how many zones you currently have is to check your current timer’s wiring to see how many zone wires you have coming into it. If you don’t know, you can always reach out to support email@example.com and they will be able to assist you.
What if I have more than 16 sprinkler zones?
The program is limited to one discounted controller per household. For household systems exceeding 16 zones, an additional controller is required. You can purchase an additional controller at rachio.com/products
How will I receive my Rachio products?
Your Rachio 3 will be shipped directly to your home. Controllers will be distributed on a first-come, first served basis, while supplies last. Controllers are shipped via FedEx Ground and should arrive within 2-3 business days. Any questions on shipping? Reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's included in my shipment?
You'll receive a Rachio 3 Smart Sprinkler Controller, power supply, and installation instructions.
Can I install the Rachio controller myself?
You bet! Installation is incredibly easy. Just follow the DIY installation steps in your confirmation email after you redeem. You can also learn more about installing your Rachio 3 here.
My controller is outside - do I need an outdoor enclosure?
Yes! If your controller is outside, you’ll need a Rachio Outdoor Enclosure to protect it from the elements. You can purchase an outdoor enclosure with your Rachio 3 through the BAWSCA program.
Can I have a professional install the controller instead?
Definitely! If you’d prefer professional installation, please use Rachio’s Pro Finder. BAWSCA does not endorse any specific pro for installation.
Is this a legitimate program?
Yes, you can see more at bawsca.rachio.com. However, this is a limited time offer; first come, first served.
What is the return policy?
If you are not satisfied with the Product for any reason, you may return the Product to RACHIO in its original condition and packaging on or within thirty (30) days of the original date of purchase from RACHIO or an authorized dealer and receive a full refund, subject to the limitations below. RACHIO, in its sole discretion, will determine if the Product is in its original condition when returned.
Want to know more about what you can do with a Rachio Smart Sprinkler Controller? Check out these helpful resources before your professional installation:
- Custom Irrigation Schedule for the Bay Area
- Tips on what you can do with your new Rachio 3
- Rachio Community
- Rachio YouTube + Installation Videos
For support, contact email@example.com