Are you a Certified Rachio Pro or other professional partners? Check out this page for all the latest news from Rachio!
Read below for a chronological list of our most recent products, updates, and features impacting Rachio Pros. For details on all new features, updates, and improvements for mobile apps, visit the changelogs for Apple iOS and Android.
Rachio app version 4.1.13 is here! (v4.1.13)
Here's what's new with the Rachio app:
- You can now color-code schedules from a pre-selected list of colors for your customers! This allows you and your customers to easily know the difference between the type and specificity of each schedule that is running or is set to run. Each color can be used as many times as you see fit, and it is not exclusive to a single schedule. All schedules will be set to Rachio blue by default. Once you edit this color, the change will be reflected throughout the app. On days where there is more than one schedule running, you will see the color of the earliest schedule of the day in the weather widget and calendar views.
Version 4 of the Rachio App is here! (v4.0.0)
Movement of flow notifications, advanced calendar history views, new home screen layout and more!
- Flow messages/alerts have been moved to the More tab.
- Water Usage is now located in the More tab so it no longer clutters the home screen. The view has been improved to show total usage and individual zone usage.
- Standby Mode is now controlled in the More tab.
- The home screen has been updated to make way for some new features.
- Our new Lawn Smarts section of the home screen shows you how to maintain a healthy landscape.
- The calendar, weather details, and upcoming watering sections of the app now include past waterings. They were also redesigned to better show when your homeowner’s schedules are running.
- The inbox has been retired. Now, important messages will be viewable on the home screen.
- Additional bug fixes and performance enhancements were made.
New look and location for History and Zones (v3.13.0)
- History and all watering events have been moved to the More menu to make more room in the bottom navigation.
- The Zones tab has been renamed to Yard.
- Setting controller location is now easier than ever with our improved autofill feature!
- The status bar and headers have been redesigned for a sleeker look.
Pro Wireless Flow Meter Fittings Guide
- Check out the new Pro Wireless Flow Meter Fittings Guide! Use this guide to help determine what brands and SKUs are available for Wireless Flow Meter fittings.
Professional installer verification, improved Flow calibration, and more! (v3.12.0)
- Professional installer verification now available within the Rachio app! If you're a Rachio Pro, add this to your Rachio account to receive improved communication with the Rachio Pro Team. To do so, go to "More" in the Rachio app, select "Account Settings" and "Profile" and then tap to check the box at the bottom ("I'm a professional contractor who installs controllers"). Hit save and you're all set!
- Flow calibration got a makeover! The new calibration gives you real-time feedback on flow and allows you to calibrate more quickly and accurately.
- Clients wishing the light bar on the Rachio 3 was a little dimmer? You can now adjust the brightness in the Rachio app!
Improved design on Android tablets! (v3.11.0)
- Sleeker, more intuitive Rachio app use on Android tablets
- Users can now view important messages from Rachio in the new Inbox (located in the top right corner of the Home screen in the app)
Controller names in push notifications (v3.10.0)
- Push notifications now include device names! Tapping a push notification for a particular controller will now take you to the home screen for that controller.
- Shared access users can now receive emails or notifications about flow monitoring alerts.
Winterizing with Rachio Video
- New video featuring tips and tricks for winterizing with Rachio products is now on the Rachio Help Center and Youtube! Rachio recommends customers winterize with the help of their irrigation professional.
- Check out how Quick Run and Shared Access can help during the pro blow out process in this 5-minute video!
Updates to Quick Run, Shared Access, and more (v3.9.0)
- Quick Run design has improved, along with new functionality that lets you manually run schedules straight from Quick Run.
- You can now maintain current Shared Access connections when transferring ownership of a device.
- Added a step in onboarding to name your controller.
- Added time limitations to Quick Run and Manual Cycle and Soak to prevent irregular behavior.
Rachio 3 now compatible with Apple HomeKit™ (v3.8.3)
- HomeKit is now available on Rachio 3 with version 3.8.3 of the Rachio app! Once paired, customers can use Rachio 3 Smart Sprinkler Controllers with Siri® on iPhone®, iPad®, or Apple Watch®. Apple customers, rejoice!
- For pairing instructions, configuration tips, example Siri commands, and more, check out our Help Center article!
Underground Flow Meter Installation Video
- New video on installing the Rachio Wireless Flow Meter is now live on Youtube and the Rachio support site! Note that instructions and required fittings will vary depending on pipe size and material - go here for system-specific instructions.
Automatic Firmware Update for Flow Pairing (v3.8.1; v3.8.2)
- Pairing the Rachio Wireless Flow Meter to a newly installed Rachio 3 just got a whole lot easier! The app will now automatically check for firmware updates at the beginning of the pairing process. If a firmware update is necessary, app will automatically initiate firmware update (estimated 3-4 minutes to complete).
- Watch below to see how it works in the app!
New Features and Updates (v3.8.0)
- New in-app WI-FI troubleshooting to help users when their controller falls offline.
- Added Inactive Flow checks for our flow users to catch faulty valves or pipe breaks when their system is not watering.
- Added functionality to Weather Intelligence Plus to update users' weather station if the station stops reporting data.
- Added functionality to Weather Intelligence Plus to notify users of new, closer stations.
- Updated "End before" schedule options so that only one schedule per controller can use this option. This will prevent irregular and unwanted schedule behavior.
Transfer Ownership (v3.6.2)
- Great new feature Transfer Ownership allows you to quickly transfer a controller to your client after controller installation
- Learn how it works here!
Sign up to be a Pro
Want to be the first to know about updates for Rachio Pros? Sign up at rachio.com/pro/signup!