Did you receive a low battery notification or email for your Rachio Wireless Flow Meter? If so, it's important to replace the batteries to avoid lost connection.
To maintain continuous water usage reporting and leak detection, replace the 2 AA batteries in your flow meter.
How to remove and replace the Wireless Flow Meter batteries
To remove the batteries from your Wireless Flow Meter, carefully follow the instructions below. Note that you'll need a Phillips screwdriver and a flathead screwdriver.
- Rotate the flow meter to expose the battery cover.
- Remove the battery cover.
- Use the flathead screwdriver to gently pry out the batteries.
- Replace old batteries with 2 new AA batteries.
- Use the Phillips screwdriver to screw the cover on securely and ensure the unit is waterproof.
- The flow meter will automatically reconnect to the controller.