Weather Intelligence™ Plus is an exclusive feature of Rachio 3. Interested and want to learn more? Join the conversation here on our Rachio Community!
What is Weather Intelligence™ Plus?
Weather Intelligence™ Plus is an exciting new feature available for Rachio 3 that provides hyper local accuracy into the current and projected weather that’s not only in your area, but right outside your door. No other smart sprinkler controller offers weather monitoring this precise or reliable.
Rachio’s Weather Intelligence™ Plus gives you the most accurate weather scheduling available by combining data from national weather stations, more than 270,000 personal weather stations, satellite data, radar data, and more to provide hyperlocal forecasting that’s accurate to the location of your controller.
How is Weather Intelligence™ Plus Self-Healing?
Is there a problem with your selected weather station? With our new Self-Healing feature, Weather Intelligence™ Plus can now take action to help. If your weather station stops reporting data for three days or more, Rachio will switch to the closest reporting station and then send you an email notifying you of the change.
Want to know how this feature works in practice? Check out this example from our Rachio Community, where a user's Rachio automatically self-healed when a previous station was experiencing trouble.
Want to try a different station? The notification email will include instructions on how to switch!
What are the functions of Weather Intelligence™ Plus?
In addition to advanced weather accuracy, Weather Intelligence™ Plus also has the same great skip features as Weather Intelligence. These features act as weather triggers to skip the watering schedules or adjust watering durations, saving you water.
- This feature will skip the watering schedule when it's raining; if the precipitation threshold is or will be met (looking back 24 hours and ahead 24 hours) at the time the schedule starts, the schedule will be skipped. You can change this threshold under Weather Intelligence in the "More" tab. For more details, please see: Rain Skip FAQ.
- This feature is the newest addition to our Weather Intelligence family! Prevent waste by skipping waterings when high winds are likely to scatter water intended for your plants. If wind speeds exceed your predetermined threshold, Rachio will automatically skip your scheduled watering.You can change this threshold under Weather Intelligence in the "More" tab. For more details, please see: Wind Skip FAQ.
- This feature will update your schedule durations on a monthly basis to offset seasonal weather changes. In short, durations increase from winter to summer and decrease from summer to winter. For details, see article: Seasonal Shift FAQ.
- This feature will skip the watering schedule anytime the soil moisture balance of ALL zones will stay above the allowed depletion threshold between until the next scheduled watering. For details, please see: Saturation Skip FAQ.
- This feature will skip the watering schedule based on the observed temperature; if the temperature threshold at or below at the time the schedule starts, the schedule will be skipped.You can change this threshold under Weather Intelligence in the "More" tab. For more details, please see: Freeze Skip FAQ.
Want to learn more? Here are frequently asked questions from our customers. Stay tuned for more information!
Weather Intelligence™ Plus pinpoints weather within a 36 foot radius, then adjusts your watering schedules accordingly.
This reliable new weather technology is powered by combining data from national weather stations, more than 270,000 personal weather stations, satellite data, radar data, and more to provide hyperlocal forecasting accurate to the location of your controller. Weather Intelligence™ Plus checks hyper-local weather sources minutes before your schedule will run, then runs or skips your schedules accordingly to save water and rescue saturated plants from overwatering. Never get caught watering in the rain again!
Several weather data points showing rain in the forecast? If so, your Rachio 3 will recognize this and adjust or skip waterings so that you don’t waste a drop!
With Self-Healing ability, Weather Intelligence™ Plus can now take action to help. If your weather station stops reporting data for three days or more, Rachio will switch to the closest reporting station and then send you an email and push notification notifying you of the change. Not the station you wanted, or looking to try a different one? The notification email will include instructions on how to switch stations. Please note: you cannot disable Self-Healing.
Also good to know: Weather Intelligence + does not always use self-healing - only when you're using a specific station, not when you're using the aggregated Weather Intelligence + network. In addition, Weather Intelligence on the Generation 1 and Generation 2 uses self-healing.
Weather Intelligence™ relies on a single National Weather Service Station or a Personal Weather Station to trigger schedule skips. For more details, please refer to this support article.
Weather Intelligence™ Plus expands weather inputs by adding satellite, radar, atmospheric flight data, and other climate sources for a total-package, informed weather system; you’re no longer tied to one weather station and the limited data set it provides. This increases overall weather prediction accuracy over the original Weather Intelligence software.
Nope, Weather Intelligence™ Plus accompanies the Rachio 3 and provides everything you need to get superior weather data and real-time schedule adjustments - no external sensors or other hardware adjustments needed!