Not sure how to wire your controller? No sweat.
The Rachio controller, Generation 1 is designed to accommodate one sensors, a master valve or pump relay, and up to 8 or 16 zones pending the model. If you're having trouble reading the terminal labels, please reference the wiring guide below:
|White||Common (use any or all)|
|Green||Zone # (reference old timer wiring)|
|Blue||Master Valve or Pump Relay; see Advanced Wiring|
Tips for Wiring:
- 24VAC and ground wires are not needed.
- An enclosure is required for hard wiring installations and/or outdoor installation.
- When inserting or releasing wires, push IN on terminal block with a small screwdriver. This will ensure a solid connection.
- Solid 18 gauge single-strand copper wiring is ideal. If you have thicker gauge wires we recommend retrofitting with 18 gauge wires using a terminal strip.
- Keep all wiring within the recessed triangular area of the Wall Mount. This ensures the Front Panel will properly attach.