The Rachio 3 Smart Sprinkler Controller, Generation 2 Smart Sprinkler Controller, and Generation 1 Smart Sprinkler Controller are all EPA WaterSense labeled. The controller is also SWAT (Smart Water Application Technologies) tested. This means the smart sprinkler controllers qualify for rebates up to the cost of the controller in some water districts and utilities.
Need help finding a rebate?
Use our Rebate Finder to explore rebates in your area!
What is WaterSense?
WaterSense, a partnership program by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, seeks to protect the future of our nation's water supply by offering people a simple way to use less water with water-efficient products, new homes, and services. To learn more, please visit the EPA WaterSense website.
What's so special about WaterSense products?
- Perform as well or better than their less efficient counterparts.
- Are 20 percent more water efficient than average products in that category.
- Realize water savings on a national level.
- Provide measurable water savings results.
- Achieve water efficiency through several technology options.
- Are effectively differentiated by the WaterSense label.
- Obtain independent, third-party certification.
What is SWAT?
Smart Water Application Technologies, or SWAT, is a national partnership initiative of water purveyors and irrigation industry representatives created to promote landscape water use efficiency through the application of state-of-the-art irrigation technologies. To learn more, please visit this website.
How smart is the Rachio controller?
So smart that we'll let our test results speak for themselves: