What is controller status?
Controller status describes the current activity level of your Rachio Smart Sprinkler Controller. There are five statuses:
- Online - Your controller is connected and ready to water.
- Offline - Your controller is not currently connected to a network and cannot communicate with your sprinkler system.
Is your controller offline? Our new in-app help tool makes Wi-Fi troubleshooting a breeze! Tap the red "Offline" banner at the top of the Home screen for automatic troubleshooting help. Follow the prompts in the app to identify what's wrong and how to quickly fix it. Need additional help? Check out this article to get back online!
- Watering - Your controller is currently watering.
- Watering Delay - Your controller has been delayed manually, and all scheduled waterings will be skipped until the specified day.
- Paused - Your watering is currently paused.
- Standby Mode - Your controller is on standby, and all scheduled watering will be skipped.
You can still work your controller manually while it is in Standby Mode.
What is my current controller status?
It's important to quickly and easily see the status of your controller at a moment's notice, so we built a quick view into the Home screen. To view your status, login to your Rachio app. In the top lefthand corner of the Home screen, the controller status is listed beneath the name of your controller.
Want to activate Standby Mode?
To put your controller in Standby Mode:
- Login to your Rachio app
- Select the "More" tab from the navigation bar
- Select "Standby Mode" (located beneath the name of the active controller)
- Click "Activate"
While your controller will skip all schedule waterings while in Standby Mode, you can still work your controller manually.