Need to water, but won't have Wi-Fi for a bit? No sweat.
IN THIS ARTICLE
About Limited Schedules
The Rachio controller, Generation 2 was designed with 12 limited schedules saved on the controller. These schedules allow builders & landscapers the flexibility to install a Rachio controller when Wi-Fi is not available and to water the lawn using one of the Limited Schedules, listed below .
How to set up a Limited Schedule
Power Cycle the controller
- Simply unplug the power adapter and plug back in.
Factory Reset the controller
- Hold the select (circle) button + up arrow until the zone ring is fully illuminated
Wait for Controller to boot up
- Light 1 should be solid and Light 2 should be blinking
Change to Limited Schedule mode
- Press and hold the select (circle) button until the zone ring is fully illuminated
Confirm Light 4 is solid
- After releasing the select button, light 4 (top of Rachio logo) should be the only one illuminated
Select a schedule
- Use the up or down button to select the desired Limited Schedule you wish to run, from the list below , and press the select (circle) button to save.
- The zone/light number represents the schedule number ( i.e. Zone 1 = Schedule 1; 15 minutes/zone, every 3 days ).
- Note: make your selection quickly, as this step will TIME OUT after 10 seconds and require a full restart.
Select start time delay
- Use the up or down button to select the desired number of hours in the future you'd like the Limited Schedule to start and press the select (circle) button to save.(i.e. 6 hours in the future = Zone 6).
- Please note, we do not offer a "run now" option for Limited Schedules --1 hour minimum delay.
- Note: as in the previous step, this step (7) will TIME OUT after 10 seconds and require a full restart.
Save Limited Schedule
- After completing step 7, the zone ring will flash twice, then reboot. Light 1 will blink for roughly 10 seconds
Confirm Limited Schedule
- The controller's zone light ring will blink every 10 seconds when a Limited Schedule is saved and scheduled to run
- To edit the limited schedule, repeat steps 1-7, above.
**To connect the controller to Wi-Fi, repeat steps 1-3 and refer to the Generation 2 Quick Start Guide .**
|SCHEDULE #||DURATION (ALL ZONES)||FREQUENCY|
|1||15 minutes||Every 3 days|
|2||30 minutes||Every 3 days|
|3||45 minutes||Every 3 days|
|4||15 minutes||Every other day|
|5||30 minutes||Every other day|
|6||45 minutes||Every other day|
|7||10 minutes||Once per day|
|8||20 minutes||Once per day|
|9||30 minutes||Once per day|
|10||5 minutes||Twice per day (12 hrs apart)|
|11||10 minutes||Twice per day (12 hrs apart)|
|12||15 minutes||Twice per day (12 hrs apart)|
This means that:
- If already paired to a Rachio account, you will need to delete your Generation 2 from said account before enabling Limited Schedule mode.
- Use of the app is NOT supported while in Limited Schedule mode.
- Manual zone runs can still be performed using the physical buttons on the controller
- we do not offer a "run now" option for Limited Schedules; they require a 1 hour minimum delay (from time of activation)
Aside from zone1, the Limited Schedule numbers will not correspond with the [engraved] zone numbers on Rachio's 8-zone model; i.e. schedule#2 will lie between zone1 & zone2, schedule#3 will be at zone2 marking, schedule#4 will lie between zone2 & zone3, etc...