A Light Two will begin blinking as the controller tries to connect to your WiFi network. Once connected to your WiFi network, the light will turn solid.
Light Two Troubleshooting
Are you a visual learner? This short video will walk you through Second Light flashing and will provide some guidance on how to troubleshoot:
Turn off cellular data.
WiFi Assist features on both iOS and Android devices can interfere with your local WiFi networks by switching to the strongest network available inadvertently.
- Check your network.
Ensure you're connected to a network broadcasting at 2.4 GHz. -- If in doubt, create a guest network using default router settings.
- 802.11b/g/n (2.4 GHz) -- dual-band (2.4 / 5 GHz) supported, but "blended" networks are not recommended.
- WPA2 Personal (WPS and WPA2 Enterprise are not supported)
- Connect to the desired WiFi network you wish to add the controller to via your phone's Wi-Fi settings.
- Apple saves your WiFi network password(s) and will share it with the Rachio app.
- Connect to the desired WiFi network you wish to add the controller to, via your phone's WiFi settings, to ensure you have the correct password.
- Unlike Apple, Android devices do not save your WiFi network password(s) to share automatically with the Rachio app.