Rachio iPhone Application | Changelog
CLICK VERSION NUMBER FOR DETAILS
- v3.0.1 | March 2, 2018
- v3.0.0 | March 1, 2018
- v2.9.1 | November 14, 2016
- v2.9.0 | November 7, 2016
- v2.8.1 | September 28, 2016
- v2.8.0 | September 14, 2016
- v2.7.0 | August 10, 2016
- v2.6.2 | June 30, 2016
- v2.6.1 | June 20, 2016
- v2.6.0 | June 1, 2016
- v2.5.3 | May 9, 2016
- v2.5.2 | April 27, 2016
- v2.5.1 | April 22, 2016
- v2.5.0 | April 18, 2016
- v2.3.3 | April 1, 2016
- v2.3.2 | March 14, 2016
- v2.3.1 | February 26, 2016
- v2.3.0 | January 18, 2016
- v2.2.2 | October 26, 2015
- v2.2.0 | October 12, 2015
- v2.1.0 | August 10, 2015
- v2.0.3 | July 30, 2015
- v2.0.2 | July 21, 2015
- v2.0.1 | July 10, 2015
- v2.0.0 | July 6, 2015
- v1.8.6 | April 22, 2015
- v1.8.5 | April 3, 2015
- v1.8.4 | February 1, 2015
- v1.8.3 | January 14, 2015
- v1.8.0 | November 21, 2014
- v1.7 | October 11, 2014
- v1.6 | September 4, 2014
- v1.5 | July 22, 2014
- v1.4 | July 8, 2014
- v1.3.2 | June 27, 2014
- v1.3.1 | August 11, 2014
Rachio 3.0 requires a phone or tablet running iOS 10.3 or higher, or Android 4.4 or higher.
v3.0.1 Release Notes
Release Date: March 2, 2018
- Minor bug fixes.
v3.0.0 Release Notes
Release Date: March 1, 2018
- Modern redesign with improved Home screen and tabbed layout, making the app easier to use than ever.
- Expanded Remote control with new run, pause, and skip features.
- Enhanced Custom Run functionality to order, set and manage zone queue.
- Refined Weather Intelligence, with enhanced monitoring and a new EXCLUSIVE Wind Skip feature.
- Optimized schedule options that allow dynamic start times to end waterings before sunrise or begin after sunset.
- New EXCLUSIVE Wind Skip feature.
- New run, pause, and skip features for Remote control.
v2.9.1 Release Notes
Release Date: November 14, 2016
- Fixed an issue with manual run screen not displaying correct state for first generation controller.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the app to crash when creating a Flexible Daily Schedule.
v2.9.0 Release Notes
Release Date: November 7, 2016
- Improved notifications experience for users of iOS 10
- Various bug fixes
v2.8.1 Release Notes
Release Date: September 28, 2016
- Fixes an issue that could cause new device activation to fail.
v2.8.0 Release Notes
Release Date: September 14, 2016
- Drastic reduction in app loading times for users with multiple devices.
- Location services permission no longer required to show devices in the "Devices Near Me" screen.
- Improved device navigation for users with less than 5 devices.
v2.7.0 Release Notes
Release Date: August 10, 2016
- Improved device management
- New sort options for shared controllers, including by distance and by name.
- Search for controllers by owner name, device name, location, and status if over 5 shared devices.
- Launch the location of a controller in a map.
- Crop coefficient can now be increased to 150%.
- Various bug fixes.
v2.6.2 Release Notes
Release Date: June 30, 2016
- Fixed an issue where the remote screen sometimes fails to update correctly when watering has stopped.
- Fixed an issue where the schedule on the main screen does not show watering dates for the following month.
v2.6.1 Release Notes
Release Date: June 20, 2016
- Fixed an issue that could cause the manual run screen to display the wrong zone when watering.
v2.6.0 Release Notes
Release Date: June 1, 2016
- Schedule selection start screen
- Provides easy comparison for each schedule option.
- Schedule selection detail screen
- Provides more detail for each schedule option.
- Flex schedules have returned, with a new name.
- New schedule names
- We are slightly changing the names of the schedule options.
- On an interval: Fixed Interval
- Specific Days: Fixed Days
- As Needed: Flexible Monthly
- Flex: Flexible Daily
- We are slightly changing the names of the schedule options.
- Add and remove zones from existing schedules.
- You can now add and remove zones from Fixed Days and Fixed Interval schedules.
- Various bug fixes.
v2.5.3 Release Notes
Release Date: May 9, 2016
- Fixed an issue that could cause the app to freeze when saving data.
v2.5.2 Release Notes
Release Date: April 27, 2016
- Fixed an issue that could prevent changes to a schedule from being saved when bringing the app back to the foreground.
v2.5.1 Release Notes
Release Date: April 22, 2016
- Fixed an issue that could cause the app to freeze under certain conditions.
v2.5.0 Release Notes
Release Date: April 18, 2016
- Improved schedule creation and editing
- It is now even simpler and easier to create and edit your schedules.
- Combined fixed and flex schedules
- We've taken Flex schedules out of beta and merged them with Fixed schedules for a simpler yet more powerful way to create the perfect schedule for your yard.
- Note: Flex schedules will be removed from the app after November 2016.
- Start and end dates
- Set up different schedules for each season or for newly seeded areas.
- Quick adjustments by minutes
- Easily fine tune your schedules by zone by increasing or decreasing minutes.
- Various bug fixes.
v2.3.3 Release Notes
Release Date: April 1, 2016
- Improved device support for 8 zone units.
v2.3.2 Release Notes
Release Date: March 14, 2016
- Eliminates the requirement to enter the serial number prefix during device activation.
- Fixes an issue that could cause the device activation flow to appear to freeze under certain conditions.
- Fixes an issue that could prevent schedule changes from saving after the app returns to the foreground.
v2.3.1 Release Notes
Release Date: February 26, 2016
- Fixes an issue with the Remote Control screen that could cause the wrong time to be displayed or prevent the stop button from working.
- Fixes an issue that could cause cached data to become corrupted after signing out of the app.
- Improved handling of condition when the controller fails to connect to a WiFi network or the Rachio cloud during activation.
v2.3.0 Release Notes
Release Date: January 18, 2016
- Various enhancements and improvements.
v2.2.2 Release Notes
Release Date: October 26, 2015
- Fixed issue with device status not updating when watering starts while app is closed or in the background.
- Fixed issue with menu items not visible when running on an iPad.
- Other minor enhancements.
v2.2.0 Release Notes
Release Date: October 12, 2015
- Fixes for iOS 9 compatibility issues.
- Fixes for layout issues on larger devices.
v2.1.0 Release Notes
Release Date: August 10, 2015
- Moisture level graph for each zone
- Now you can view and adjust the soil moisture level for each zone! And, there's a beautiful new visualization of the data, similar to what is on the web app. Check it out!
- We squashed a few pesky bugs.
v2.0.3 Release Notes
Release Date: July 30, 2015
- Fixed an issue that could prevent some users from receiving push notifications.
v2.0.2 Release Notes
Release Date: July 21, 2015
- Watering status on device screen now updates without manual refresh (for real!)
- Fixes issue some users have experienced that prevents selecting a shared device.
- Updated yard card to show proper watering time when cycle-soak is enabled.
v2.0.1 Release Notes
Release Date: July 10, 2015
- Watering status on device screen now updates without manual refresh.
- Proper date range shown on watering schedule screen.
- "Update WiFi Network" on shared device settings is now disabled unless owned by the signed-in user.
- Deleting a schedule is more reliable.
- Changing watering adjustment on a flex schedule properly displays save button.
- Other miscellaneous bugs and annoyances fixed.
v2.0.0 Release Notes
Release Date: July 6, 2015
- Flexible Schedules
- With Flex Schedules, Rachio software uses the latest in academic, peer-reviewed irrigation research to create and dynamically update the perfect irrigation schedule for you.
- New activity screen
- The new activity screen displays your watering activity in a single, organized place.
- Preferred weather stations
- Choose any local or personal weather station to ensure your Rachio controller has the most accurate weather data available.
- New dashboard
- The new dashboard puts everything you need to know in one place. Monitor your Rachio's status, schedule changes, water zones, and more.
- Know your zones
- Easily see past, present, and future watering and even choose a photo for each zone.
- New look and feel to make Rachio software even more awesomer.
v1.8.6 Release Notes
Release Date: April 22, 2015
- Improve the reliability of the process used to connect the Rachio device to a WiFi network.
- Fixed crash when tapping help links.
- Fixed request not completing when more history returns empty set.
v1.8.5 Release Notes
Release Date: April 3, 2015
- Ability to share access to a device with other users.
- Ability for users to control devices shared with them from other users.
- Minor bug fixes.
v1.8.4 Release Notes
Release Date: February 1, 2015
- Fixed a blink up issue that could result in an orphaned device under some circumstances.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing navigation to a previous month of report data when switching years.
v1.8.3 Release Notes
Release Date: January 14, 2015
- Added ability to switch years in reports.
- Fixed issue where annual reports for 2015 displayed with the label 2014.
v1.8.0 Release Notes
Release Date: November 21, 2014
- Water Hammer Minimization
- We now have a setting on the device that will open the 'next' zone to run in a watering schedule 10 seconds before the current running zone ends. This will help with the pressure surge that is caused when abruptly shutting down one zone, and then having the other zone turn on a few seconds after. A smooth transition will now occur stopping the knocking noise in your pipes and helping the overall system.
- Watering interval picker now allows for days 1-21.
- Reporting charts now show manual zone data as well as scheduled zone data.
- Zone area square footage input
- This is in advanced zone settings, and will allow for very accurate gallon usage in conjunction with nozzle input.
- New advanced zone settings
- Available water, root zone depth, managed allowed depletion, and efficiency.
- Share water savings report with friends! (iOS only)
v1.7 Release Notes
Release Date: October 11, 2014
- Seasonal adjustment
- Our new seasonal adjustment feature is affected by the water budgeting smart feature. So when water budgeting is enabled you will see this seasonal adjustment moving up and down percentage points according to fluctuations in the durations of your zones.
- Note: If you have water budgeting enabled you will see these changes weekly. The base duration that is set initially will not change, we will only be increasing or decreasing a percentage amount based on that initial base duration that was set. If you want to increase, or decrease these percentages you can always do so manually.
- Zone durations
- Zone durations can now be viewed much easier than before. Once you click on your duration, you will see all of the zones that are included in the watering time, as well as the rest of your zone. This way you can easily remove a zone, or add a zone to a watering time. Additionally you will see Duration and Adjusted duration. Duration alone is the total time from the base durations that we set initially based on your zone characteristics. Adjusted duration is the new total time that your watering time will run based on the seasonal adjustments, explained above. If there is no seasonal adjustment this will be indicated.
- Weather Intelligence Rain Delay threshold
- The new threshold allows for you to choose between five different options. This threshold directly affects when watering times will be skipped so be sure to choose your threshold appropriately. If you don't want your watering times to skip because of rain, we advise setting to a higher threshold (3/4 in. or 1 in.) If you would prefer to have you watering times to skip more often choose a lower threshold (1/8 in. or 1/4 in.)
- Weather station identification
- We now allow you to choose the weather station being used and allow the ability to enable the use of personal weather stations.
- Custom nozzle types
- Custom nozzle types can now be added to a library of nozzles. These can then be used across any zones.
- Global "Disable All" for email and push notifications.
- New types and values for crops, nozzles, slope, shade, and soil.
- Easier visibility into zone characteristics.
v1.6 Release Notes
Release Date: September 4, 2014
- User preference for US Standard or Metric units.
- Rain sensor push notifications.
- "Remove Device" option
- Reports and usage data.
- Manual seasonal adjustments.
- Improved weather forecasts and accuracy.
v1.5 Release Notes
Release Date: July 22, 2014
- Push notifications for iOS and Android.
- Start-on date for schedules.
- Username OR email address can now be used to login to the mobile app.
- One-click watering time start in case you want to run a schedule immediately.
- Manually running multiple zones with different watering durations.
- Weather intelligence emails now have a clickable URL that will allow a schedule to be run immediately.
- Ability to reorder zones on watering time screen by dragging and dropping.
- Ability to set rain delay # of days.
- Display total duration on watering times screen.
- Ability to modify person settings (email opt in/out and push notifications opt in/opt out) using preferences.
v1.4 Release Notes
Release Date: July 8, 2014
- App now shows your device's event history.
v1.3.2 Release Notes
Release Date: June 27, 2014
- Smart Cycle
- You will now have the option to toggle on Smart Cycle for a given watering time. If that watering time has zones with clay or top soil, Rachio's software will break up the watering times into 5 and 24 minute cycles respectively and will insure there is enough soak time in between cycles.
- Watering time names
- You can now name your watering
v1.3.1 Release Notes
Release Date: August 11, 2014
- Automatic schedule creation
- We've simplified auto schedule creation. Now, when you add a new Watering Time, you will first be prompted to select the zones you would like to include in the watering time. Then, upon adding the watering time, our system will figure out the interval and durations for each zone, based on what characteristics you have entered for each zone and the current season. This will serve as a baseline schedule for you. You can than adjust this schedule anyway you like, just as you have in the past.
- Water Budgeting
- You can choose to have Water Budgeting on any of your watering times. This feature will adjust the zone minute durations for the given watering time up or down based on the season. If you have this selected, it will happen automatically.
- Weather Intelligence
- You can choose to have Weather Intelligence turned on for any of your watering times. If this feature is turned on, our system will check for past and forecasted precipitation levels before a watering time with this enabled runs. Our system will decide to skip the scheduled runtime if it has detected or forecasts adequate precipitation.
- Week intervals
- Two and three week intervals have been added.