Zone Setup Wizard
After completing registration of your controller through the Rachio app, you have the option to set up your zones.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Start the Wizard
Begin by selecting "Setup Zones ".
- The app will work its way through all of your zones, beginning with zone 1.
- Begin by clicking "Next" on the screen below.
- The app will initiate a 60 second countdown. You will be asked "Is Zone 1 watering?"
- Click "YES" if your sprinklers are running.
- Click "NO" if the sprinklers don't turn on.
Selecting "DISABLE" hides the zone from view ; it will not be available when adding a watering schedule.
After clicking on "YES" for any zone, you will have the ability to configure that zone...
Configure your Zone
1) What would you like to name this zone? Add a photo for easier identification!
2) We've selected your zone type!
Based on your location, we can select a default vegetation type. If this is incorrect, please choose another option.
3) What kind of sprinkler head does this zone have?
- Rotor Head
- Fixed Spray Head
- Rotary Nozzle
4) We've selected your soil type.
Based on your location, we have selected a default soil type. If this is incorrect, feel free to choose another option.
5) How much sun does this zone get?
- Lots of Sun
- Some Shade
- Lots of Shade
- Mostly Shade
6) How much slope does this zone have?
Repeat until all zones complete
After configuring your zone, select "Next Zone" and repeat the same steps until all of the zones have been configured.
If you want to see the attributes of your zone again, you can:
- View the Zones tab, which outlines each zone
- Select "Setup Zones" at the top right of the Zones tab to go through the setup process again
Exiting / saving will override existing zone attributes.