Light Three (Connecting to the Rachio Cloud)
This light will begin blinking as the controller attempts to connect to Rachio's servers. Once connected, it will turn solid. If it fails to connect, it will continue blinking. Usually this indicates a security or firewall setting is getting in the way. An easy fix is to create a guest network with default settings & reattempt to connect your controller to Wi-Fi.
Light Three Troubleshooting
- Advanced security and firewall settings can stop the controller from being able to communicate outside of your local network.
- Double check to ensure your router's firmware is up to date.
- Run a Wi-Fi Network Diagnostic test. See article: Is my Wi-Fi Network compatible?
- See above. A solid Light Two indicates the controller connected to Wi-Fi properly.
- If hung up on Connecting to Device, go into your phone's Wi-Fi settings and ensure you are connected to the desired 2.4Ghz/dual band network. If you change networks, you will need to restart the setup process.