The Rachio app estimates your water use. We calculate the gallons used on a zone by zone basis using the zone attributes you provide.
- Nozzle : Precipitation rate of the nozzle: PR
- Area : Square footage of zone: SF (note: defaults to 500 sq ft unless overridden)
- Watering Time : Duration that the zone runs for: D
The total number of gallons used per minute per zone is calculated using this formula:
( (SF x PR) / 96.25 )
We then multiply this figure by the duration (D) to calculate the total number of gallons used for that particular zone during a schedule. All individual zone durations are batched and recorded as an aggregate total.
How can I fix reporting errors?
If you believe the reported water usage is wrong, we recommend measuring your zone's area and updating the app ( Zone > Advanced Settings > Area ).
Here's a great online tool that will let you measure your zone areas via Google maps.
- Conduct a catch cup test to find the true precipitation rate for each zone.
- We can remove all watering events for the controller and effectively reset your reports back to zero by request at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be aware that we can only clear usages prior to the current days history.