Generation 2 Controller install steps & tips
IN THIS ARTICLE
1) Run your sprinkler system
- Find and repair any issues before installing the Rachio controller.
2) Take a few pictures
- Photos of your current wiring are important for reference when you are wiring the Rachio.
3) Unplug & remove
- Disconnect your old controller.
1) Download the Rachio app
2) Create Rachio account
3) Connect controller to WiFi via the app
Tips for Connecting:
- Make sure that you are connected to the same network that your Rachio will be connected to before starting the pairing process
- Make sure your cellular data is turned off, you can also try turning on airplane mode, then turn your wifi back on
1) Attach to the wall
- Use the four (4) mounting screws (provided).
2) Wire it up
- Use the photo from your old timer for reference.
- Common Wires: Insert into either white terminal slot. If you have more than one common wire, we suggest entering one in each common slot (four options).
- Zone Wires: Install in the green terminal slots.
- Master/Pump Valve Wire ( if present ): Install in the "M" terminal slot, and enable in Advanced Settings within the app.
3) Plug it in
- Light One should start blinking; once solid proceed to Connect Step.
1) Set up your zones
- You can configure each zone’s vegetation, soil, shade, nozzle, and slope types.
2) Create watering schedules
- Choose from 4 schedule types; Rachio will recommend an optimal watering schedule based upon the the zone attributes selected.
1) Run Zones
- Use the Remote to run any zone on-demand.
2) Run Schedules
- Click on a Schedule (Edit screen) to run it on-command.
3) Share Access with others
- Complete Access (default sharing setting in the mobile app)
- Limited Access (accessible via the web app only)
1) Can't find your controller?
- If the Rachio app is opened before Light One is solid, you might have trouble finding your controller. See this article for cheat tips if your controller is playing hide and seek.
2) Master Valve
- Do you have a master valve, but forgot to enable it? No sweat, it's an easy fix! Refer to Advanced Wiring for instructions.
3) Pump Valve
- Your Rachio is designed to operate a pump start relay. Please reference Advanced Wiring AND the user manual for your pump start relay for wiring instructions.
4) Not Running
- Assuming wiring is correct, double check to make sure that your sprinkler valves have 24VAC solenoids.