Now available in the Rachio Web App & Mobile Apps
To use Complete (formerly Shared) Access, follow the steps below.
1) From the main Dashboard, click on Device Settings.
2) Select Share Access.
3) From here, you can select Add Access. Selecting this will prompt you to enter in the email address of the individual to whom access is being shared. If they have not already done so, please instruct the person with whom access is being shared to download the Rachio app. Once the app has been downloaded, they will receive a notification, as well as an email.
4) Once access has been shared, the person you shared access with will appear within the Share Access screen. Access can be removed on an iOS device by selecting the Trash Can icon next to the user’s name. For Android, access can be removed by holding down the email address in question that you wish to delete, and then pressing delete.
Please note: In some cases, the device may not immediately appear on the screen of the person with whom you shared access. If this is the case, please instruct them to close out the application and reopen it, or select the refresh icon on the app dashboard .
Deleting access via iOS device.
Deleting access via android device.
5) Please Note: For shared access to work, the invited user needs to have a Rachio account. If shared access is granted BEFORE sending the invite, the invited user will receive an email from Rachio asking them to sign up for an account (assuming we do not have the invited user's email address in our database).
1) From the main Dashboard, click on the person icon at the top right, and select Access.
2) When the Access window opens, click Add Access
3) Choose the type of access you want to use in order to share the Rachio controller.
Note: Complete access will allow the shared user to make changes to your Rachio zone and schedule settings. Shared access will only allow the shared user to run your zones using the remote run function.
Note: Complete access requires the shared user to have their own Rachio account. Shared access will send the shared user an email with a link to access the controller without the need for an account.
4) Enter the email address for the person who will be sharing access to your Rachio, then click Grant Access.
Note: If you share complete access to a user without a Rachio account, a window will popup stating that an email has been sent to the user with instructions on how to register for a Rachio account.
5) Once access has been shared, you can view all shared accounts in the access panel. To remove an account from shared access, simply click on Remove.