THIS STEP CANNOT BE UNDONE.
By performing a factory reset, you will delete all data from your controller, including zone settings, schedules, water usage, watering history, etc.
Primary reasons for a Factory Reset
1) Wi-Fi setup error
If you attempted to connect your controller to Wi-Fi via your phone's Wi-Fi settings (i.e. Add Wi-Fi accessory), a factory reset is required to clear the controller's memory before reattempting to connect via the Rachio app.
2) Changing Owners
If your Rachio controller is changing hands (selling, moving, transferring from installer account, etc.), perform a Factory Reset to clear all data and ensure a smooth transfer to the new owner. If you received or purchased a used controller, it will need to be deleted from the 1st owner's Rachio account before it can be added to your Rachio account.
Use this tool to make sure a Factory Reset is the right option
You can perform a Factory Reset using these methods:
- Reset the controller from the Rachio App (recommended)
- Reset the controller using the buttons (NOT recommended)
Note: The Rachio Generation 1 Smart Sprinkler Controller can ONLY be reset via option 1.
1) Controller Settings within the Rachio app
To perform a factory reset using the Controller Settings menu, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, select the "More" tab.
- Select "Controller Settings" and find "REMOVE CONTROLLER" towards the bottom of your screen. Select "Remove."
- If you wish to permanently delete the data associated with your controller, select "Remove" from the warning label.
2) Controller reset using the buttons on the controller
To perform a factory reset using the buttons on the controller, follow these steps:
- Power cycle the controller.
- Press and hold the UP ARROW and SELECT BUTTON simultaneously until the LED light ring is fully illuminated, then release.
- If you have a Rachio account, the controller will still need to be deleted from the app (Option 1, above) in order to completely remove the controller from your account (or prior owner's account).