Zone Setup Wizard
After completing registration of your controller through the Rachio app, you have the option to set up your zones.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Start the Wizard
Begin by clicking on "Setup Zones ".
- The app will work its way through all of your zones beginning with zone 1.
- Begin by clicking "Start " on the screen below.
- The app will initiate a 5 second countdown.
Locate the Zone
- Once the countdown reaches zero you will be asked "Do you see any sprinklers running right now?".
- Click "YES" if your sprinklers are running.
- Click "NO" if the sprinklers don't turn on.
- Selecting "SKIP" keeps the zone enabled - it will be available when adding a Watering Schedule .
- Selecting "DISABLE" hides the zone from view - it will not be available when adding a watering schedule.
After clicking on "YES" for any zone, you will have the ability to configure that zone...
Configure your Zone
1) What would you like to name this zone?
2) What’s growing in this zone?
- Cool Season Grass
- Warm Season Grass
3) What kind of soil does this zone have?
- Loamy Sand
- Sandy Loam
- Clay Loam
- Silty Clay
4) How much sun does this zone get?
- Lots of Sun
- Some Shade
- Lots of Shade
- Mostly Shade
5) What is the primary nozzle type for this zone?
- Fixed Spray Head
- Rotor Head
- Rotary Nozzle
- Add Nozzle
6) How much slope does this zone have?
Repeat until all zones complete
After configuring your zone, select "Next Zone" and repeat the same steps until all of the zones have been configured.
If you want to see the attributes of your zone again, you can:
- Use the My Yard card, which outlines each zone
- Select "Setup Zones" at the bottom of the My Yard card to go through the setup process again
Exiting / saving will override existing zone attributes.