Now that we are integrated with IFTTT, what does it mean for you? Basically you can use IFTTT to create "Applets". An Applet consists of a trigger (the this part of an Applet) and an action (the that part of an Applet). An example of an Applet would be "if the temperature drops below freezing then stop any watering schedules". The combinations of Applets that can be built are endless, only limited by your imagination and ever growing list of useful channels (IFTTT building blocks which include triggers and actions).
Below are steps on how to create an account within IFTTT and what Channels you will want to Activate within your account.
- Go to ifttt.com and click on Join IFTTT.
- Once you have created an account with a username and password, you will be brought to a Welcome screen.
- Click on Channels in the upper right hand corner of the Welcome page. From there you will see a Search functionality of all available Channels. Channels are the building blocks for Applets. Each channel has it's own trigger (this) and actions (that). You can reference this article for more in depth explanations. You will want to activate some channels in your account.
- Search for Rachio and click on the icon.
- You will be brought to the Rachio channel page. You will need to Activate this channel, so click on the blue ACTIVATE button. Once you are activated you will be brought to your Rachio channel. From this page you can Edit Channel, Deactivate and see what Rachio device is activated on this channel. By clicking on Edit Channel you will be brought to the web login screen for Rachio's web app.
We advise Activating the following channels as well.
- Date & Time: With this channel you can set specific dates and/or times to trigger events with your Rachio.
- - Google Calendar: You can use your Google calendar to set additional watering events with your Rachio device, outside of what is featured in our current app. This is particularly helpful if you have unique water restrictions that only allow you to water on certain days. As an example, we had one user that was only allowed to water on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month so he created a meeting to repeat on the necessary days and the schedule ran accordingly.
- Once you have activated these channels you can begin creating Applets. We have outlined the steps on how to create Applets in this article .
- If you have any other questions feel free to email us at email@example.com or call our support hotline at 1-844-4-RACHIO