Controller activation steps & tips
IN THIS ARTICLE
Wi-Fi Setup Video
Wi-Fi setup is easy! Connect to a 2.4 or dual band network. Watch this video for tips & tricks:
Step by Step Instructions
- Double check the lights on your controller
Your Gen2 Rachio is ready for Wi-Fi setup when Light One is solid and Light Two is blinking.
- Connect your smartphone or tablet to Wi-Fi
Your mobile device needs to be connected to the network you'll be adding the controller to.
Use a 2.4 or DUAL band network to connect your Rachio to Wi-Fi. Rachio controller's will NOT connect to a 5ghz ONLY network. If in doubt, create a guest network. We also recommend putting your phone into airplane mode or disabling Wi-Fi assist (iOS) or Smart Network Switch (Android) while connecting the controller to Wi-Fi to avoid any interference with your data plan; see Wi-Fi assist for details.
- Download the Rachio app
Rachio's app is free on the Apple App store or Google Play store.
- Open the Rachio app and register for an account
This requires name, email address, username and password.
- Add Device via Rachio App
The Rachio app prompts you to Add a Device > tap to continue. Select the generation of controller you have (if Generation 1, please refer to this video)
- Find/Select your Controller
Rachio app will attempt to find your controller. If it cannot find your controller, please refer to this support article.
Select your controller from the list of available devices.
If you’re installing more than one controller, you can verify the controller you’re installing by matching the available device ID with the last six digits of the MAC number. The MAC number is printed on the label found on the front of the controller.
- Select the Desired Network
Remember the chosen network must be the same connection your mobile device is on and must be 2.4 ghz or dual band (2.4 ghz / 5 ghz). Once selected, the Rachio app will attempt to connect your controller to Wi-Fi.
- Verify Serial Number
The Rachio app will ask you to verify the serial number of the device. It is a 7 digit number preceded by a 2 letter code. The serial number is printed on the label found on the front of the controller. Once entered, the Rachio app will attempt to activate your controller.
If successful, the Rachio app will display "Device Activated" and allow you to continue to setup. For setup instructions, please refer to this video.
Wi-Fi Setup Tips
Recommended tips by operating system:
- Connect to the Wi-Fi network you plan on adding the controller to (2.4 ghz optimized) and disable your cellular data before attempting Wi-Fi setup (see Wi-Fi assist [iOS] for details).
- Do not attempt to connect your controller via Wi-Fi in your phone's settings. The controller has to be connected using the Rachio app.
- Connect to the Wi-Fi network you plan on adding the controller to (2.4 ghz optimized) and disable your cellular data before attempting Wi-Fi setup (see Smart Network Switch [Android)] for details).
- Wi-Fi setup on Android requires the correct input of both your Wi-Fi network password and controller's serial number (if either are incorrect, the process will fail).
Controller Light Codes
- Once Wi-Fi Setup is complete, all four lights of the Rachio logo should be lit solid. If you cannot connect, please review the light code you are seeing and attempt the recommended troubleshooting.
Wi-Fi Reset Steps
If your Wi-Fi network credentials have changed (Name/SSID and/or password), we recommend you perform a Wi-Fi Reset and NOT a Factory Reset. A Wi-Fi Reset will clear the controller's network settings, but not the yard or schedule settings.
For a Step-by-Step guide on how to reset Wi-Fi on your Rachio Generation 2 controller, please see: How do I update Wi-Fi on my controller? (Generation 2)