Quick Start Guide (Generation 2)
Generation 2 Controller install steps & tips
IN THIS ARTICLE
Run your sprinkler system
Take a few pictures
Unplug & remove
Attach to the wall
Wire it up
- Common Wires: Insert into either white terminal slot. If you have more than one common wire, we suggest entering one in each common slot (four options).
- Zone Wires: Install in the green terminal slots.
- Master/Pump Valve Wire (if present): Install in the "M" terminal slot, and enable in Advanced Settings within the app.
Plug it in
Download the Rachio app
Create Rachio account
Connect controller to WiFi via the app
Tips for Connecting:
- Turn auto brightness all the way up on your smart phone/tablet.
- Hold your smart phone/tablet as still as possible during BlinkUp
- If you are in a brightly lit area, ambient light may impede the Blinkup process. We suggest a dark room.
Set up your zones
- You can configure each zone’s vegetation, soil, shade, nozzle, and slope types.
Create watering schedules
- Choose from 4 schedule types; Rachio will recommend an optimal watering schedule based upon the the zone attributes selected.
- Use the Remote to run any zone on-demand.
- Click on a Schedule (Edit screen) to run it on-command.
Share Access with others
Can't find your controller?
- Do you have a master valve, but forgot to enable it? No sweat, it's an easy fix! Refer to Advanced Wiring for instructions.
- Your Rachio is designed to operate a pump start relay. Please reference Advanced Wiring AND the user manual for your pump start relay for wiring instructions.
- Assuming wiring is correct, double check to make sure that your sprinkler valves have 24VAC solenoids.
Want a paper copy of the Quick Start Guide?
We know the graphics are sexy! Download & print a copy of the Quick Start Guide here: Rachio Controller, Generation 2