Quick Start Guide (Generation 2)
Generation 2 Controller install steps & tips
IN THIS ARTICLE
Run your sprinkler system
Take a few pictures
Unplug & remove
Attach to the wall
Wire it up
- Common Wires: Insert into either white terminal slot. If you have more than one common wire, we suggest entering one in each common slot (four options).
- Zone Wires: Install in the green terminal slots.
- Master/Pump Valve Wire (if present): Install in the "M" terminal slot, and enable in Advanced Settings within the app.
Plug it in
Download the Rachio app
Create Rachio account
Connect controller to WiFi via the app
Steps to Connect
- Launch the app and Add a Device; select Rachio Generation 2
- The app will attempt to find your controller; select your controller
- If installing multiple controllers, reference the last six digits of the MAC number (found on the front of the controller)
- The MAC is used to identify the controller you wish to add
- Select the WiFi network you wish to connect your controller to
- The network must be 2.4 ghz or dual band.
- separated bands (2.4 ghz / 5 ghz) are recommended
- blended networks are NOT recommended
- Activate your controller; entering the serial number (found on the front of the controller)
Set up your zones
- You can configure each zone’s vegetation, soil, shade, nozzle, and slope types.
Create watering schedules
- Choose from 4 schedule types; Rachio will recommend an optimal watering schedule based upon the the zone attributes selected.
- Use the Remote to run any zone on-demand.
- Click on a Schedule (Edit screen) to run it on-command.
Share Access with others
PDF of Quick Start Guide
Want a copy of the installation guide for your coffee table? We don't judge:
PDF copy: Rachio Controller, Generation 2